Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Memories of Doris - a card for later

A CARD FOR LATER
There was a lady called Jenny that was at the hospice at the same time as mum
She had a teddy bear just like we had at home. Mum said, "take the bear home in case it gets lost". We had to tell her it was not our one
She gave us this card to give to mum when she turned 100

sniff sniff


I DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO HAVE IT

Mum knitted some dolls for the Church Bazaar for a raffle in 2009

I wanted them back !

I went to the bazaar and purchased every ticket. But they had sold some already so it was not a sure thing.


When mum heard that they had sold out she said "they should sell more tickets"

I won them both.




Similarly, when the local knitting shop asked mum to knit a nativity scene for fund raising for a local charity.
I contacted the charity and purchased the knitting from them.

If anyone has any of her knitted toys and no longer has room for them I will buy them back.






No comments: