Wednesday, July 2, 2008

June Wong

June is the youngest of all the Chun children. Like the others she went to Newtown School and then Wellington Tech. She graduated into the fruitshop like the others too, but then decided to train as a dietitian, so it was off to Otago University for three years of study.

June spent many years working as a dietitian, and her career has often gravitated around food.. Her last job before she retired was managing Te Hopai's kitchen. They really missed her when she left.

You can often see her in the garden at Homewood. It's a big garden so it takes a lot of her time - but she likes it I think.

June has a daughter - me - Kirsten. I live in Wellington too, and am working in marketing and communications. I'm also involved in Chinese community history and the Wellington Chinese Association. I have two cats and some hedgehogs.

Here's Uncle Stan's story with me in it.

4 comments:

Danny Yee said...

Hey cute cats (and hedgehog)!

Kirsten said...

Thanks!! They're called Smokey, Orange, Hedgey, Spikey and Spiney.

nchun said...

I always wondered, how do you pat a hedgehog?

Kirsten said...

Carefully. Doesn't pay to rub them up the wrong way ;-)